frequently asked questions
how much should i feed my pet?
In the same way as eating amounts vary from person to person, eating amounts vary from pet to pet. It is best to consult your vet regarding the proper amount to feed your pet. It is also critical to your pet's health that their physical condition be monitored regularly and the feeding amount adjusted as needed.
Please note that products described as “treats” on our website are for occasional consumption only and do not replace a balanced diet for your pets.
What is the shelf life of the Best Mate pet food my pet eats? How can I store the food?
Shelf life varies by food type. Please refer to the best before date stamped on all bags of Best Mate Pet Foods.
For all dried pet foods, we do not recommend freezing these foods. Freezing dry food may attract moisture, resulting in mould.
You should store bags of dried food in a cool and dry environment. It is best to store bags off the floor to reduce potential infestation. The food will retain its best flavour if stored in the original bag. We do not suggest storing your pet's food in an uncontrolled environment, such as in a garage or outdoors.
Is my pet's food available in dry, canned and treat versions?
At this time, we offer only pet treats and our grain free dry food. We hope to expand this range to wet food in the future.
Is it okay to feed my pet table scraps or human food?
We agree with veterinarians who strongly believe that feeding pets table scraps or human food can lead to excesses or deficiencies of nutrients in your pet's diet, which over time may result in health problems. Therefore, we do not recommend feeding any food to your pet other than as recommended by your veterinarian.
Some human foods are very dangerous for your pets to consume. Examples include avocado, bread dough, chocolate, alcohol, grapes and raisins, hops, macadamia nuts, onions and garlic and xylitol. This is not a complete list of dangerous foods for your pets so please consult your veterinarian for further details.
How do I order?
You can order via our website. Please go to the shop online page and follow the easy prompts. Add products to your cart and then proceed to checkout. We have an easy to use, secure checkout process.
What about deliveries?
- Shipping within Australia is $9.95 for all orders under $100.00. For orders over $100.00, shipping will be calculated according to Australia Post standard post charges.
- You will receive your goods within 5 to10 working days after we have received payment.
- All items will be sent by Australia Post. If you are not home when items are delivered, they will be left for collection at your local post office. A calling card will be left to notify you.
- If you have not received your goods after 10 days from payment, please contact us by email to email@example.com and we will chase it up for you.
Prices of products displayed on this website are current at the time of issue, but may change at any time and are subject to availability. All prices displayed are exclusive of delivery and handling charges. These costs are additional to the listed product price and we reserve the right to change our delivery charges at any time. All prices are listed in Australian dollars.
Sold out items
If an item you have ordered is out of stock or sold out, we will contact you to organise another product, put your order on back order (if it is due in within a few days) or, organise a refund or exchange.
How do I pay?
- You can pay via our secure website with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal. You will be issued with a transaction record once payment has been accepted.
- You can pay by direct banking via your financial institution online, over the phone or at a branch. Please enter your invoice number as the reference and if possible, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can look out for your transaction. Our bank account details are as follows.
BSB: [insert BSB]
Account: [insert account number]
Products are non-returnable unless there is a known manufacturing fault or defect.
Defective products must be returned to Best Mate Pet Foods within 14 days of the delivery date to be eligible for replacement. Items will be replaced with the product originally purchased. For products that cannot be repaired or replaced due to unavailability, a similar product or a full refund will be offered (excluding freight costs).
Please take these 2 simple steps:
- Contact us by email to email@example.com or phone +61 401 444 989 with full details of order, product and complaint. We will provide you with a postal address to post your goods and receipt to.
- Post your goods and receipt to the address provided.
Accurate weights and measures are used for pre-packaged products. However, items that are sold individually or as "per item lots" may vary in size, weight and length. Sizes and lengths provided on the site are an approximate and are given as a guide only. If you need more specific information, please contact us via email first to confirm any special requirements.